Business Mentoring And Awards
Minority-owned businesses are underrepresented in our community. Accordingly, SCORE SC Lowcountry created the Minority Small Business Program to help grow minority-owned businesses in the Lowcountry. Business owners located in Beaufort, Jasper, Colleton, and Hampton counties are eligible for business mentoring and may apply for financial awards through this program.
Business Awards Summary
Start, Grow, Expand Your Small Business – Participate in our Minority Small Business Program. This program provides business mentoring and financial awards for minority-owned businesses located in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. Use these awards for direct company operations (i.e., accounting services, advertising, website operations, customer service tools, or equipment). SCORE business mentoring will be available, as needed.
- Minority-Owned Businesses
- Registered in or has a business license in South Carolina
- Owned by African American, Hispanic, Asian, or Native American
- At least 51% Minority Ownership
- Small Business, 25 or Fewer Employees
- Business Is Located in Beaufort, Jasper, Colleton, or Hampton Counties
- Participate in Award Orientation Program (Live or Recorded)
This Awards Program Will Open September, 2022.
Please review the rules and specifications for this awards program, before submitting your application.
In this video, Michelle Gaston (SCORE Program Leader) discusses the Minority Small Business Program. Then, several business owners share their reactions to being award winners in 2021. Also, a member of the award advisory committee offers his views on the program.